1. Students will discern the two primary functions of the lymphatic system and be able to restate their importance in the maintenance of homeostasis in the body.
Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology, Chapter 10
question to conduct research on. Include at least three sources, and be
prepared to present your findings to the class.
1. Select one of the following diseases to explore. Discover the problem with the Endocrine System that has resulted in this condition, and the possible means of correcting these situations.
c. Gigantism or dwarfism
2. Discover the role of the endocrine system in obesity and weight management. Create a bifold pamphlet to address questions a patient might have.
3. Create a Venn diagram to compare and contrast hypersecretion and hyposecretion disorders. Document your web references, and use sites beyond your text.
Use the references located under additional references.
1. Read the chapter pages in your text that provide information on the glands of the Endocrine system, complete workbook pages 161 - 178.
2. Write down the name of each of the glands in the Endocrine System. Find a picture of the gland, give its target organ (s,) tell its location in the body, and tell the hormones it secretes.
3. Watch the YouTube video on this system.
4. Create a board game or set of bingo boards that include the glands of the endocrine system, their target organs, impact, and deficiency. A minimum of 25 questions, covering 75% of the glands must be included. The pathway on the game board and the questions asked along the way must include the impact of the glands on the life of the person. Your game should be something like the game of life as controlled by the endocrine system.
to quiz on
the endocrine system is available until May 5.
1. Code for the quiz on the endocrine system: X2DP.
|Back to the home page.||Additional
Unit Plan for Endocrine System
Another Unit Plan
to the next system!!